Monday, April 30, 2007

A Little Neighborhood PR

This weekend, our neighborhood had it's yearly Yard Sale event. Since I'm a new business, I decided that maybe I could do a little PR.

I put a large container with headbands and makeup bags on the table where I was taking money. I thought, no one is going to pay full price for anything at a yard sale, so I priced these items at a good discount AND had a little promo piece to add for buying.

I really didn't expect a ton of sales. I thought at best, I could mention my business to people and slip a business card in their bag. After all, even at a discount, people are looking for DEALS at yard sales.

To my surprise, it was an unexpectedly good response to my products. I sold well over half of the items. I gave out tons of cards. My ego got stroked by lots of sweet people complimenting my products and my talent. All in all, it was a very good day.

No comments: