Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Random Acts of Blogging

It's good to be related to people who are married to people who work with people who are married to people who write books. Really wonderful books.

This came in the mail to my daughter by way of my Aunt Sally...

And look! Signed by the Author! How cool is that?

It really is starting out to be a great book. Emily decided that she and I should read it together, which is great. We haven't done that since I read The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe to her. It was my favorite book when I was young, but I had forgotten how gruesome the scene at the Stone Table was (much more so than in the movie), and she cried and cried and cried. Then she cried some more. Not mild little wipe-away-a-tear-here-and-there crying. This was sobbing. (I kept saying "Wait! Listen! Good parts are coming up! It's not as bad as it seems, I promise!) I'm surprised that she is trusting me to read another book with her.

In other news, new Market Totes have been listed! Whee!!



Some of them have a longer, shoulder-length handle. So, if you see one with a short handle, but would prefer a longer one, you can request it and voila!



The Tour de France is over, and the winner is Alberto Contador! (Say it with me.... it just rrrrrrrolllss off the tounge. Alberrrrrrrto!)

Things seen during this year's Tour:

Two riders with their buttocks showing due to crashes which tore their bike shorts. (Yes, I'm a total adolescent.)

Two dogs that ran out into the street and caused wrecks. (As far as I know, both dogs are OK.)

One man, completely NEKKID, who ran along side the riders for a good 10 seconds, while the race announcers acted as though nothing was happening.

Thank heaven for Tivo.

No comments: