Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Modern Charm back on May 1st

OK, I'm getting my act together - finally- and am planning to return to my etsy shop on May 1st.

So, Mendy, what gives? Sitting on the sofa eating bon bons?

I've certainly been away longer than I anticipated, but it seems it was a little bit necessary. I was having some health problems. Nothing scary going on, I promise, but I was having a lot of severe headaches and insomnia was kicking my ass. It became normal for me to Tivo things just so I would have something to watch at 2:30am other than informercials and Jonny Quest. I was taking a lot of OTC medicines, this to sleep, that for the headaches, etc... I felt awful. And less than creative.

So, I've seen my dentist (who pulled two wisdom teeth) and my doctor. I am finally getting some sleep and I haven't had a headache in a while. My husband was actually surprised when I began sleeping all they way through the night, it hadn't happened in so long.

I've also been on a DIY mission lately. I've refinished, repainted, and reupholstered three chairs. I've made pillows. I painted my kitchen table, my outdoor furniture, a bed, a bookcase, a mirror, planters, and picture frames. I've put a new landscaping bed in the back yard beside the deck. And I've got so much more to do.

I'm feeling refreshed, re-energized, and just all around good. And I'm appreciating every minute of it.


11 comments:

beki said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better! Now we want to see pictures of all this redecorating you've been up to!!

AnnieRoso said...

So glad you are on the mend, Mendy (pun not intended, but clever nonetheless). We miss you, but clearly your health comes first. I should take a page from your book and do the same since our house has been quarantined at least twice in the last month and here my daughter has strep again. :-(

Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Yay, things are going better! :) That dentist -- you can dread 'em, but they can fix a thing or two!

I'm very happy you're back though... I'm so bored lurking around other blogs. Your humor and ramblings are much more my speed.

And I've felt a bit like a stalker -- continually checking for you!!!

Jenny Citino said...

So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well lately! It sounds like things are starting to get better for you (you've certainly been a busy bee! :) and I hope you feel 100% soon. Take care!

Sew Gracious said...

Glad you had some down time and are feeling better, Mendy. Lack of sleep will kick anyone in the booty! ;-)

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

The suspense is killing me!

AnnieRoso said...

hellooooooooooo!? :-)

i feel a little stalkerish when i come over here and hassle you for a post.

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mendy!
I hope you got to do something extra special!

Anonymous said...

Should we be worried???

AnnieRoso said...

If I tag you will you start blogging again? Tag. You're it. Visit my blog for deats.

We miss you!

AnnieRoso said...

.....is that May 1st of 2009???