Tuesday, May 22, 2007

How NOT to make a Promo Item

This is my promo item. I have made about 60 or so. Aren't they cute widdle magnets?



I actually put a lot of thought into this. What would people like? What would they not throw away? A magnet! Yes! I have tons of magnets, I can't bear to throw any of them away. What if I need one to hold up a school permission slip or a scribbled phone number? That magnet from the pizza place from three moves ago would come in handy! Yes, I'm a thinker, all right.

So I got the glass pieces and I printed my business name on paper (not too big, not too little, juuuuuust right!) and I cut out 60 quarter-shaped pieces of paper and carefully glued them to the underside of the glass.

And, so they would have lots of time to dry, I decided to glue the magnets on later. Much later. Much more later than I should be allowed to stay up.

Over half of the magnets are glued on backwards.

BACKWARDS!

I went to put them on the side of the fridge to hang out until they were needed, and over HALF of them won't stick!

I. AM. AWESOME!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. It happens to all of us. Especially when wer really plan things through and have every small detail worked out...just then - things get humbling... You're not alone!

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

you just gave me my first good laugh for the day!

beki said...

Oh no! That's so something I would do!!