Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's that time of year again...

Time when a young girl's fancies turn to thoughts of Halloween costumes. Last year, she was a Roman Goddess.

The year before that, a stylish witch.

This year, she decided that she wanted to be a ghost. Of course, it couldn't be a Charlie Brown ghost with eyes cut into a bedsheet. So we got the idea for a ghost of a Victorian era woman, very sort-of Gibson Girl, but of course, very much other worldly.

So the plan at the moment is to do a Victorian era style dress all in white, and then make her hair and skin very white and ghostly as well. We are also planning to sort of shred the bottom of her skirt, just above the ankles. With her wearing a gray or black shoe/stocking, the hope is that it will have a "floating" effect. (My hope is that it looks ethereal, and not hillbilly.)

Baxter is just kinda hoping that we forget about his costume entirely this year.

1 comment:

AnnieRoso said...

It's times like this that I wish I could sew in more than just a straight line. My mom made me a genie costume when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. I LOVED it!!! I probably lived in it for the next 6 months (at least while I was at home).

It's store bought for my little girl, which is still a lot of fun (and much easier!). She's going to be a witch this year. And her little brother will be either a monkey or a robot, if all goes according to plan. Looking forward to seeing your this year's costume.